Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
Position Summary: Data Analysts support decision making across Appen’s business by organizing, analyzing data and providing insights to internal teams and external clients. As Analyst position levels increase, so will the expectations, scope of responsibilities and impact.
Please only apply if you have 2+ years of operational data analyst experience, post-graduate, and live within a reasonable commute of our PLANO, TX, office. Thank you.
- Consolidate, cleanse and transform data to prepare for reporting and analyses.
- Creation and measurement of key performance indicators and metrics.
- Design and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, presentations, and exploratory analysis that are designed to use raw data to provide key insights to members of the Client Services organization.
- A truth seeker. You ask why, and you question every assumption. You will be asked to probe assumptions, question the status quo, and follow up on unexpected data results.
- Where necessary, complete additional tasks as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply high-level analytical, statistical, and quantitative problem solving skills to a variety of different scenarios and make recommendations based on outcomes.
- Flexible, independent, motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion.
- Ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and drive course of action for self and others.
- Innovative thinker who drives self and others in the development and implementation of new ideas; unafraid of taking risks to accomplish corporate level goals.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally to a wide audience including clients, managers and senior leaders; effectively uses active listening skills.
- Driven to focus on quality and drives team members and peers to deliver exceptional quality and service.
- Embrace a commitent Appen core values and company vision.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Operation Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or other Data Sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and 2+ years experience.
- Delivered data insights using different data sources; SQL, Excel and at least one business intelligence tool such as Tableau, PowerBI or Mode Analytics is preferred.
Appen Career Path
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.