Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
About the Role
The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of test methodologies. You must be comfortable creating excellent test plans, test cases, execute test cases. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches. Closely working with the development teams and product teams. You have the hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and have the ability to debug the automation failures. Working experience on performance test on the SAAS platform is a plus. If you are competent in finding defects in applications, and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
● Proactively creating, updating and maintaining test plans / test cases with minimum or no PRD.
● Executing various tests on new software products to ensure that programs satisfy all specifications and requirements.
● Work closely with cross-functional teams to find defects, report bugs and possible debugging during each sprint cycle to ensure that our products work correctly.
● Able to communicate the defects to cross-functional teams.
● Able to identify automatable features and create automation scripts for repeated tasks in your feature areas and debug the automation failures on a regular basis.
● Support and maintain our product in testing environments on AWS is a plus.
● Kafka & Kubernetes testing experience is a plus
● Perform end-end stress/load tests to identify the potential issues is a plus.
● Have code deployment experience is a plus.
Skills & Experience:
● 3-5 years of experience as a QA engineer or relevant work experience in testing role.
● Deep knowledge of software lifecycle and test methodologies.
● Working knowledge of creating and executing excellent test cases UAT, functional testing, etc...
● Working experience with Python, Selenium WebDriver, JS, SQL, HTML/CSS, Jenkins, Postman, and AWS.
● Self-motivated individuals with competent to find defects during each sprint cycle
● Extremely detailed oriented with great problem solving skills. Able to work with developers to find the root cause of the defect.
● An ability to work in a scrum-based agile and nimble environment.
● Great problem solving skills.
● Fast learner for complicated web application
● Good communication skills and fast learner.
● Knowledge of Ruby on Rails is a plus.
● Localization QA experience is a plus.
● BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.