Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
The Senior Manager, Client Data Solutions is responsible for overseeing daily operations for a team of Data Collection Associates, Project Managers and collaborates with internal Program Managers and Directors. They orchestrate a team in the delivery of national and global data collection projects.
Additionally, you are responsible for the specific Data Collection service line in the US, driving system development, process improvement, process documentation and training. As the de facto operational data collection expert, the Senior Manager will work collaboratively with Appen’s Service Delivery team, Project Engineering and Specialist Departments to design effective and efficient Data Collection solutions for key clients and product lines.
- Build, develop and maintain high-performing data collection teams including, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and continually driving performance development initiatives
- Act as the Trusted Advisor for Data Collection design, pricing and collaboration with Clients
- Drive operational excellence and streamline efforts while introducing ideas for innovation and improvement into systems and processes for Appen and its operations
- Meet and exceed project budgets and territory margins
- Conduct training for new staff on all end-to-end processes;
- Prepare effort estimates used for quote preparation;
- Take ownership of the assigned product/service line(s) and drive continuous process improvements and efficiencies;
- Provide regular, strategic program updates with action plans to the Data Collection Director and Senior Leadership;
- Participate in corporate initiatives and committee work as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Practitioner ability in creating data collection sample frames, cross-tabs, understanding interlocking quota nuiances, multi-system and vendor collection designs
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and use sound judgment to reach decisions while demonstrating sensitivity for all parties and issues. Able and unafraid to provide valuable input across the company
- Demonstrated experience creating productive, cooperative relationships and conflict resolution skills. Effectively coaches, mentors and trains peers and team members
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Displays a high level of professionalism by setting appropriate examples in meetings and interactions with peers and team members
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years minimum management experience working in a metrics driven setting in a production, operation, or data collection environment.
- 5 years experience in a client facing role.
- 10 years minimum experience managing teams and mentoring others, including hiring and managing full time and contract staff or consultants.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited University or equivalent work experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.