Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit.
As Manager, Customer Success, you will be responsible for a team of CSMs who engage accounts through the full customer lifecycle. You and your team are trusted advisors that help customers adopt and leverage the Appen Data Annotation Platform (ADAP) to meet and exceed their desired goals, objectives and outcomes. In addition, you will be responsible for building customer success strategies for adoption, helping your team develop renewal strategies, help find expansions or create opportunities for future growth and partner with sales to execute on all customer needs. You will also help contribute to the development and launch of ongoing management to our customer success methodology, playbooks, onboarding, and Customer Success training management.
- Manage and grow a team of CSMs who are responsible for all aspects of customer nurturing, including driving adoption and
- engagement, maintaining overall customer satisfaction and ensuring value realization. Your team will provide our customers with insights on their usage, best practices and use cases for deployment and diagnose and solve for any barriers regarding customer adoption.
- Execute against Appen’s Value Realization Framework and industry-based playbook of approaches to improve customer utilization, satisfaction and NPS scores
- Define and implement success and adoption plans to help increase data utilization and include a roadmap to help customers become operationally efficient with Appen solutions and drive a return on investment.
- Operate the team with focused and actionable metrics and KPIs. Manage resource planning, customer risk assessment, expansion programs and deliver regular performance and activity reports to Customer Success Executive leadership
- Help analyze and resolve product adoption issues, escalate customer concerns and bugs appropriately while working with the correct internal groups
- Partner with sales to identify expansion opportunities, help mitigate renewal risk, develop comprehensive renewal strategies and generate playbooks for repeatable and scalable processes
- Participate in and lead named departmental strategic initiatives and projects, while constantly looking for ways to optimize existing processes and workflows
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated passion for building high performing teams and over performing on metrics achievement
- Demonstrated passion for working with customers, helping them execute on success, adoption and expansion plans through excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management and technical skills
- Prior experience driving process improvement within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Self-directed with the ability to identify and solve complex cross functional problems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong project and process management skills.
- We at Appen look for individuals who embody our core values: performance, honesty, humility, and grit. At Appen, we embrace and strive purposefully with our core values in mind throughout every aspect of our work and expect our employees to meet and exceed these standards. If this resonates with your work ethic and style, we encourage you to apply for this Appen position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Have 7+ years in a customer facing role , with at least 3 years of management experience preferably at a SaaS B2B company with a focus on top technology companies and enterprises
- Previous experience in managing a team of Customer Success or Account Managers