*Must be local to the Dallas,TX*
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for managing a $3-5M book of business, achieving high customer retention rates within that customer base, and ensuring that an environment for revenue expansion is possible. In addition, the CSM must align multiple internal functions and work across levels and functions within our enterprise customers to maximize the value that Appen delivers.
- Accelerate customer platform adoption during the onboarding phase by driving post-sales engagement, achievement of success criteria when applicable, and proactively identifying and managing risk areas.
- Ensuring proper internal alignment and customer communication to keep all deliverables on track.
- Anticipating and addressing issues that may arise and finding solutions that unblock and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure customer retention by working with the customer to understand, measure, and consistently deliver high ROI.
- Driving high utilization of customer’s subscription.
- Driving the customer’s business transformation and operational excellence.
- Being the customer’s trusted advisor and advocate within Appen.
- Collaborating and communicate across various Appen teams to ensure problems are solved, meet and exceed success metrics.
- Grow product use within our customer base by understanding and clearly communicating customer use cases, goals, business needs and opportunities to both our product and sales teams.
- Building strategic relationship across the enterprise organizations we serve.
- Arming Product with customer stories to accelerate product adoption and improve and expand product functionality to ensure immediate customer needs are consistently met and future goals aligned.
- Working with Sales to identify new use cases and support their efforts to expand usage within and across enterprises.
- Establish a repeatable and scalable engagement model for our Enterprise customer base by creating and driving process standardization and improvement within the CSM team
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience managing a portfolio of customers with total annual recurring revenue between $1 and $5 Million (i.e., ARR).
- Strong leadership skills to advocate cross functionally in behalf of customers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability to unblock customers from business and technical issues.
- Willingness to learn core technology tools including but not limited to HTML/CSS, Liquid and SQL.
- A true passion for customers and for Customer Success with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Truly enjoys a dynamic startup environment where every day is different, and each challenge is different.
- Can juggle multiple, very different tasks – an advanced customer wanting to leverage deep functionality today, onboarding a new customer tomorrow, partnering with sales on an upsell opportunity the next day. Each client may have very different use cases and specific needs, being able to stay organized and accomplish their goals is important to our success.
- Experience managing customers both large and small and knowing how and why to manage them differently.
- We at Appen look for individuals who embody our core values: performance, honesty, humility, and grit. At Appen, we embrace and strive purposefully with our core values in mind throughout every aspect of our work and expect our employees to meet and exceed these standards. If this resonates with your work ethic and style, we encourage you to apply for this Appen position
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to dedicate 5 days a week in the office.
- Willingness to travel and meet customers up to 15% of the time.
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing role (CSM, Account Management, Sales) preferably at a SaaS company.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status