W2 Contract ONLY, Visa sponsorship is not available for this role
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image, and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance, and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
The main responsibility of the Full-Stack Developer is to provide advanced operational data processing and packaging solutions using programming, machine learning, and other computational means. In particular, the Developer applies expert technical skills to the development of a data pipeline involving solution design, implementation of active learning algorithms, and the successful delivery of complex data projects.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Developing scripts and using established APIs for integrating client data and requirements with Appen's proprietary crowd-sourcing tools.
- Providing technical implementation of a designated data evaluation and updating algorithm.
- Engineering and maintaining tools used for generating client deliverables from Appen inputs and outputs.
- Interacting with internal product and service teams to enhance the efficiency of data processing pipelines.
- Designing and developing client-customised scripts, tools, and data pipelines for possible additional activities such as:
- Active learning and transfer learning
- Graph construction and knowledge extraction
- Model evaluation and benchmarking
- Data formatting/conversion
- Delivering training to internal and external clients as required.
- Preparing linguistic data for NLP engine development.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years in the Software Industry
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent technical and programming skills
- Significant technical experience with data pipelines for NLP/KG applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Accountability and drive to produce rapid results and solutions
- Ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by constant change, ambiguous client specifications, and a fast, deadline-driven culture