Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
About the Role:
Chances are, this isn’t the first Sales Development job posting you’ve read. If you read through this one, we’re pretty confident you won’t find another one like it. This isn’t a boiler room, cold-calling shop; our small team focuses on qualifying calls and discovery for meetings set by their assistants (yes, you read that correctly), as well as researching and game-planning on strategic, high-value accounts with your team. If finding and delivering value at many of the most innovative and advanced companies on the planet in the Machine Learning and AI space speaks to you, let’s talk.
You’ll be trusted with high amounts of autonomy; self-discipline, humility and curiosity are critical for you to be successful – worked for the last rep, who is being promoted, which is the reason we have this opening.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
● Being the CEO of your pipeline generation
● Strategic coordination of your own, in-territory BDR partner
● Project management of strategic accounts with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Marketing.
● Discovering new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, using tools such as LinkedIn Navigator
● Supporting Outreach’s marketing efforts by assisting in online and other marketing campaigns
● Managing prospecting status, data integrity, and forecasting in Salesforce.com
● Achieving, and exceeding, weekly/monthly metrics (appointments, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
● Responding to inbound customer interest and developing these accounts to create opportunities
● You’ll be trusted with high amounts of autonomy; self-discipline, humility and curiosity are critical for you to be successful
● You understand and appreciate the duality of a short-term memory because you’re focused with a longer-term perspective.
● You have the ability to think on your feet in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease
● You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment
● You use others to better yourself and help others get better - we’re all building AI together.
● You are good at finding ways to motivate yourself and your teammates. Camaraderie and Team Spirit is the name of the game around here
● You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we are humble, we value performance. You’re ready to be a hero for our customers and find strength in diversity and inclusion.
● Strongly preferred: BA/BS
● Strongly preferred: 1+ year of Sales Experience preferred (in SaaS or tech)
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Promotion structure to progress your career
• Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for full-time employees
• Generous PTO
• 401k to help you save for the future
• (Covid-responsible) company and team gatherings (because chemistry doesn’t just grow in meetings)
• Diversity & Inclusion, as well as special-interest programs that promote employee resource groups
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.