Role: Platform Support Specialist (PSS)
Location: Dallas, TX
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit.
About the Role
As a Platform Support Specialist, you will provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to internal and external users of Appen’s Data Annotation Platform via live-chat, email, and phone. The PSS uses their advanced platform knowledge and experience troubleshooting issues to resolve customer requests and is the first line of defense for investigating and escalating issues to appropriate departments as needed. Along with providing excellent customer service by interfacing directly with customers the PSS will help with improving the self-service knowledge base, strategic internal initiatives, and a host of other projects aimed towards continually improving the customer experience.
- Answer support tickets, emails, live-chats, and phone calls from annotation platform users (both internal and external) via Zendesk
- Troubleshoot, prioritize & escalate platform incidents, issues, and bugs to the engineering team
- Write and update documentation in the annotation platform Self-Service Center
- Participate in Support Rotation Coverage (Support hours range from 6 AM - 6 PM PST)
- Drive onboarding & platform training for new hires in the Support team
- Manage the Zendesk support tool in an Admin capacity to carry out tasks related to reporting and analysis of team processes and performance.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers on user testing and documentation of new features
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical support role for a SaaS platform
- Willingness to dive into the Appen Data Annotation Platform and become the subject matter expert
- Highly committed, flexible, productive and team-oriented
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include early or late shifts
- Experience with a support service desk tool (such as Zendesk) to answer customer inquiries, conduct ticket reporting, and pull metrics to analyze support performance
- Expert communicator with the ability to translate technical jargon to non-technical customers in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, objectives, and deadlines
- Analytical thinking & problem-solving
- A big plus if you have the following:
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and API support
- A love for data and data-driven decision making