Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
EMEA New Client Business Development Appen is seeking an experienced, ambitious and talented team member to join our EMEA sales team. You will be responsible for maximising sales in your region and delivering net new customers. You are a hunter and are at your best looking for new logos. Your sales pipeline will include leads from Appen’s SDR team, marketing programmes as well as your own sourced leads from proactive networking. You will have an active and passionate interest in AI, machine learning, technology, innovation and disruption.
We are opening to receive applications from candidates living in Netherlands, Germany and UK.
• Identify new opportunities and accounts in your target territory/line of business
• Create and propose custom client solutions, and close net new business
• Develop a deep understanding of the company’s services and provide knowledge of operational and technical abilities to develop high quality solution proposals
• Drive year-over-year revenue growth by developing and executing on a tactical business development plan
• Develop and implement winning strategies for proposals and presentations
• Monitor and report on emergent AI and machine learning industry trends and the local competitive landscape
• Administer client relationship management tool – Salesforce, or other as assigned
• Attend relevant conferences or trade shows
• Travel as required Client Account Management
• Contribute to the overall customer experience by establishing a strong working relationship with existing clients and by implementing solutions selling and building new client relationships
• Work closely with the Appen Client Services delivery team to promote and drive ‘Land and Expand’ efforts
• Liaise with Business Unit Head and Operations teams on the execution of projects
• Work closely with other members of the EMEA Business Development team as well as the Solutions Architect and Solutions Engineering teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 7-10 years minimum experience working in sales or business development
• A demonstrable track record of identifying and closing net new business with year-over-year growth in sales revenue
• Experience working in professional technical/technology services selling complex custom solutions
• Experience selling to large enterprise accounts as well as significant account management experience for client accounts
• Must be a motivated, results-oriented, self-starter who can establish a clear course of action
• Demonstrated time management, organisational skills, detail oriented and a strong commitment to personal and organisational accountability
• Demonstrable experience creating productive, cooperative relationships and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing and verbally.
• Ability to drive customer service excellence and proficient in managing client relationships at all levels
• A bachelor’s degree required/master’s degree preferred
• Additional EMEA languages a plus – please specify any/which
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.