The Training and Quality Manager's main role is to supervise the operational activities of the Training and Quality department. Responsible to oversee all aspects of quality as it relates to the project needs of the site, as well as ensuring that Training Delivery goals are met. As a leader, this role guides, manages and ensures that QA analysts and Trainers are well versed on the requirement/demands of clients and able to execute accordingly to targets given. As part of the responsibility, it is expected that this leader brings and shares value add processess, as it relates to the multi matrix, flexible workforce and still able to meet deadlines and tollgates.
- Responsible for the creation, development, and the enhancement of the training programs delivered by the various centres.
- May include product training and English communication Training. He / She has a support function toward the Operations.
- As a People Manager, the role entails providing the Master Trainers and Trainers with the appropriate training programs and development plans to support the identified internal, external and client needs.
- Aligns New Hire and Cross-Skill Training with the Client for the delivery of product training.
- Completes all New Hire performance Trackers that are readily available for Client Process Audit.
- Partners with Recruitment and HR for adherence to Hiring Needs and Requirements submission.
- Able to create continous improvement on different skillsets being supported by the site, supplied with measurable output and process that creates visibility across stakeholders
- Ensure quality framework is in place and coordinated across stake holders
- Improve the key success metrics associated with Training and Quality department.
- Actively manage the staff, support, motivate and retain an outstanding Training and QA team.
- Assess quality issues, conduct root cause analysis, recommend insights, develops improvement plans, and collaborates with operations team to improve quality performance
- Escalate system level issues to the appropriate systems/IT support/vendor team/client.
- Establish quality governance process with clients and operations to ensure effective communication and organization
- Works with client on change management process, tools enhancements, and workflow amendments
- Attend and facilitate client and operations facing meetings
- Prepare and participate on WBR/MBR/QBR
- Assist on preparation of QBR deck and adhoc emergency items
- Able to create training curriculums needed for projects as well as developmental value adds as it relates to leadership needs
- Able to create training needs analysis, training process and cycles, with clearly defined tollgate/certification process as it relates to projects being supported
- Bring innovation ideas and help client create work process standardization
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to manage multiple, complex, on-going tasks and projects
- Ability to lead and partner successfully with staff and chain of command
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of database applications such as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) or ability to learn technology quickly
- Highly proficient at: Excel and Power Point creation
- Root Cause Analysis Experience Required
- High level of integrity, honesty, and judgment
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of at least 3 years in experience on Training and Quality Manager role in a BPO setting
- Must have managerial experience in a similar role
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.