Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will use your enterprise and consultative selling skills to build long-standing relationships with prospective customers and decision makers ranging from Data Scientists to Chief Data Officers. You will generate business by selling our platform into new accounts and then expanding within those accounts. Our ideal candidate is a results-oriented, performance-driven individual who enjoys working as part of a fast-paced environment and team.
- Dig deeply into customers' business requirements and share exactly how we can help each customer transform their messy incomplete data into high quality rich, clean data with the company platform.
Account coverage will be predominantly NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA so ideal candidate will be geographically close.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record of over achieving quota through new logo acquisition
- Genuine curiosity about our customer - what are they trying to accomplish? What is preventing them from doing so?
- Intrinsic drive to be successful. We are a fast-growing company, and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- Technical expertise to be able to demonstrate the product and explain the business and benefits - our product is meant to be used by technical and analytical people, so we need to be able to show them how these folks can use the product. This requires a level of technical depth and understanding.
- Clear, succinct communicator. The best technical sales people communicate points clearly and succinctly, with an economy of words. They focus on using the vocabulary of their customer to help that prospect envision using and getting value from the product.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature: We’re a fast-growing team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- Experience working in a high growth environment
- Experience selling SaaS solutions
- Experience selling an analytical or technical product to a technical audience
- Skilled at negotiating business terms with line-of-business, procurement and contract teams, senior management and/or C-level executives
- Proven ability in managing complex, enterprise sales cycles from start to finish, from business champion to the C level decision makers, and with a track record of successful revenue attainment.
- We at Appen look for individuals who embody our core values: performance, honesty, humility, and grit. At Appen, we embrace and strive purposefully with our core values in mind throughout every aspect of our work and expect our employees to meet and exceed these standards. If this resonates with your work ethic and style, we encourage you to apply for this Appen position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience selling enterprise software solutions.
- Consistently exceeded $1M annual quotas
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.