The Reporting/Business Analyst is responsible for report creation, data collection & analysis, and providing general support to the Directors and project management teams within the account. This is a collaborative position which requires creativity, innovation, efficiency, and strong communication and organization skills.
- Design and build effective and efficient reporting solutions, primarily in Excel and Power BI, that fulfill business operational reporting requirements and highlight key KPIs/SLAs for the business.
- Conduct data analyses, spot data trends, perform gap analyses, and generate reports.
- Help define and build visual representations (charts) that provide intuitive indication of operational performance over time and identify opportunities to improve performance or recognize success.
- Address report/information requests, clearly communicating commitments, issues, completion dates and status with requestors and with management.
- Collaborate with project teams both to collect data and to review current processes in order to propose efficiencies.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of data warehouse, subsequent reporting enhancements, including the creation of new reporting templates and analytical reports.
- Continually research and test the most current tools applicable to improve existing reporting processes and its possible uses for data management and reporting.
- Support the account with ad-hoc projects, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Power BI reporting and dashboard creation.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in MS office (advanced Excel macro-based applications, leading to creating & managing performance dashboards).
- Working knowledge/experience on SQL and Tableau is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Good comprehension of technology and data management tools used in the process of collecting, storing, retrieving, and analyzing data.
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally, including:
- the ability to clearly and concisely present complex quantitative analysis with actionable insights to a wide audience, including clients, managers, and senior leaders;
- and effectively using active listening skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion.
- Flexible, independent, and organized with strong time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer programming-related studies or any other related courses.
- 2-3 years’ experience in reports management and data analysis, with proven ability to deliver high quality & accurate reports within demanding timescales.
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.