Reporting to the Senior Manager, Analytics, the commercial BI analyst will produce commercial, financial and operational insights to support decision making across the Global division through preparation and analysis of data.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Consolidate, cleanse and transform data to prepare for reporting and analyses
- Create dashboards and insights in partnership with Report Analyst
- Creation and measurement of key performance indicators and metrics
- Design and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, presentations, and exploratory analysis that are designed to use raw data to provide key insights to members of the Global division
- Create, analyze and evaluate operational and statistical reports to proactively identify trends and drivers, resulting in the recommendation and implementation of actionable plans and strategies.
- Create business cases to support recommended actions and strategies with proven ROI and Pay Back periods
- Use experimental design best practices; ensure that meaningful insights can be obtained from A/B testing and innovation projects.
- Lead A/B testing pipeline and establish analytics test priorities and requirements.
- Measure post implementation results with timely comparison of planned vs actuals
- Additional ad hoc tasks as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to source and work with large amounts of data from different data sources; SQL, Excel, SAS, R, Python and Power BI including Power Query and Dax measures. Knowledge of M language and Mode Analytics is a plus.
- Experience in creating predictive statistical models based on historical data
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present technical information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally to a wide audience including non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by constant change, ambiguous data and a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture;
- Able to respond quickly and proactively to new or changed initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate workshops
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand financial statements
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with acute attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in Business, Operation Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or other Data Sciences; or an equivalent combination of education and 4+ years experience.
- Previous experience in Finance Industry
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.