The Global Recruitment Manager provides leadership and support to its team of recruiters in order to fulfill the requirements of various global crowd projects. The role also collaborates with project teams and other departments in crafting sourcing and recruitment strategies that will help reach the goal and deliverables of the project.
The Global Recruitment Manager is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and managing crowd sourcing and recruitment strategies to enable the attraction for open crowd roles or projects through management of the entire crowd recruitment life cycle, develop and manage all recruitment policies, processes, and programs.
- Close coordination with recruitment leaders and project teams to strategize and share best practices on critical needs
- Implement new sourcing methods and innovate on hiring practices by using new methods or channels.
- Monitor market trends in hiring practices and ensure our strategy is in line with the market.
- Keep track of metrics on a weekly/monthly basis for reporting to the senior management
- Responsible for management, troubleshooting and improvements of Recruitment projects and requisitions
- Organize, plan and manage the entire life cycle of recruitment from sourcing candidates to activating crowd to ensure delivery of consistent and timely results.
- Drive improvements to global crowd recruitment policies and processes to ensure a streamlined, effective, and high-quality services are delivered, and provide regular recruitment metrics and report on progress.
- Come up with creative sourcing strategies to fill requirements
- Ensure that AC is updated and captures relevant information of recruitment pod’s process
- Responsible for team motivation, performance, behavior
- Conducts weekly and monthly meetings to ensure team is aligned
- Conducts 1:1 coaching session for team member development
- Coordinates with other recruitment pods to ensure alignment and goals are met
- Responsible for covering escalations and de-escalations with vendors and project teams
- Partner with other Recruitment Managers to provide leadership with thoughtful, meaningful, and creative metrics and the interpretation and application of the results.
- Oversee the application and use of a Appen Connect of qualified crowd workers providing rapidly to needs
- Participate in proposal-specific and non-proposal talent strategy sessions and apply knowledge gained to all aspects of the recruitment efforts.
- Engage in workforce planning and forecasting organization-wide; collaborate with Business development and hiring managers to identify priority countries and programs and source talent in advance of open positions.
- Provide general recruitment and talent acquisition support, including defining job requirements and responsibilities, writing job ads and descriptions, posting open positions, conducting phone interviews, screening resumes, coordination of interviews, and addressing general recruitment inquiries.
- Identify targeted advertising opportunities, design all recruitment forms and recruitment materials.
- Create and foster strong relationships with colleagues and partner with hiring managers to identify requirements and business needs.
- Conduct presentations and recruitment trainings to build team skills in recruitment.
- Ensure recruiters and hiring managers have a clear mutual understanding of staffing policies, practices, processes, and priorities.
- Supervise Appen’s recruitment team working by example to set high standards and outstanding leadership guidance offering on-going feedback and opportunities for development.
- Proactively build Appen’s crowd talent pipeline and network of potential candidates by identifying, screening interviewing, and assessing candidates for future business development goals and by creating a presence at career fairs, on-line and other virtual locations.
- Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with social media and other professional networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong decision-making, supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and delegate task as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple and overlapping processes and projects to completion, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven work experience as a Recruiting Manager/ Talent acquisition manager (at least 3 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is a plus
- At least 2 yrs. experience in end-to-end recruitment preferably in an RPO/Shared Service environment
- Strong knowledge of and passion for technology and talent acquisition best practices. Deep understanding of sourcing and recruiting methodologies, technologies, and tools
- Flexible in accommodating varying shift schedules.
- Demonstrated ability with talent outreach and recruiting techniques
- Highly communicative - excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated partnership, influence and relationship-building experience within a teamwork driven and collaborative environment
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.