- Position Summary
- We need a smart, innovative senior Java developer to help us build scalable, resilient and responsive systems
- Set standards for architecture, tools evaluation and selection for our microservices.
- Design and implement the API orchestration layer for our web clients
- Be obsessive about security, quality and performance.
- Promote best practices for writing maintainable and well-tested code.
- Work closely with members of other development teams to ensure seamless integration with front end and backend services.
- Schedule product releases with internal teams.
- Participate in innovating existing tools, services, and technologies used at Appen
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of Java, Spring Boot and JPA/Hibernate development platform
- Experience with microservices and building restful APIs (swagger/express)
- Hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies
- Work experience on designing database architecture and SQL.
- Experience with one or more of AWS Services, Redis, Maven, Docker, Jira, Git and Confluence.
- Familiarity with monitoring and debugging tools for web applications
- Assertive “go-better” attitude to get work done with little supervision.
- Familiarity with modern Front-End frameworks and tools (React, Redux, webpack).
- We at Appen look for individuals who embody our core values: performance, honesty, humility, and grit. At Appen, we embrace and strive purposefully with our core values in mind throughout every aspect of our work and expect our employees to meet and exceed these standards. If this resonates with your work ethic and style, we encourage you to apply for this Appen position.
- Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience developing commercial web application.
- Minimum of 3 years hands on experience with Microservices and restful webservices.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.