A Junior Accounts Payable Specialist is generally responsible for end-to-end AP function including vendor management, invoice processing, perform settlement runs, issue resolution, mailbox management, AP related reporting and any ad hoc task that may be assigned.
- Perform full function Accounts Payable including accurate processing of suppliers’ invoices in line with standard policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain vendor’s record.
- Maintain electronic storage, security, and integrity of vendor files, invoices, financial records, and reports.
- Perform timely and accurate fortnight and out of cycle payment runs for supplier and employee’s reimbursements.
- Vendor and stakeholder’s first line support. Investigate and resolve enquiries, inconsistencies, errors, and issues in a customer focused professional manner.
- Completion of month end activities, including reconciliation of Accounts Payable sub ledger, AP aging and BIR EWT reporting.
- Assist and conduct reviews, drive control & process improvements/efficiencies and update procedures/processes/systems relating to areas of responsibility, as necessary.
- Support Senior AP Specialist, AP Supervisor and other teams of Finance when required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with focus on meeting deliverables and delivering a top-quality product.
- Be someone that takes ownership of their work and delivers it on-time, every-time.
- Is adaptable – ability to work independently and think for themselves, whilst all the same time, being a willing participant in team collaboration.
- Be someone who takes initiative and is willing to take the role beyond the job description and take steps to achieve efficiency gains, in terms of ways to do things faster and smarter.
- Possess lateral thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to respond quickly and positively to new or changed initiatives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This role requires excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment.
- Flexible, independent, calm and self-motivated.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accountancy, Banking, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 years Accounts Payable experience within a medium to large sized services business, along with strong administrational, analytical, and numerical skills.
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.