DIRECTOR, SERVICE DELIVERY
The Senior Delivery Director will drive the overall operational performance of the delivery, quality, customer service, and resource planning for a large book of business. This senior delivery role will ensure all requirements of the terms of customer agreements are met or exceeded where possible. This role will engage with our client teams, driving strategy, partner with sales, solutions, and all internal business partners.
- Service Delivery Management – Lead delivery of customer projects, overseeing project delivery and financials, resource management, quality, team performance and ultimately customer satisfaction. Strive to be profitable and efficient while supporting Appen’s overarching vision.
- Operational Strategy - Partner with Senior Leadership to make decisions relating to operational activities and set strategic goals for their teams and business partners. Develop strategic and annual objectives / goals to support strategic resource planning for account personnel and year over year growth.
- Growth and Effiency Strategy - Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs organizationally wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize cost. Understand and deploy technologies and automation to improve operational team’s performance and quality.
- Senior Client Relationship Management - Partner with senior leadership on the client team, managing quarterly strategy sessions relating to vendor performance.
- Team Management - Support, develop and maintain high-performing delivery teams including, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and continually driving performance development initiatives.
- Mentoring and Leadership - Management of team functional areas, developing resources and providing growth and learning. Driving thought leadership and professional support for customers.
- Sales Partnership - Support the sales organization, partnering on new pilots, SOW development and PO renewal.
- Scorecard Management - Driver of the Operational performance scorecard where applicable, partnering with the client on solutions and performance improvement.
- Cross team collaboration - Partnership with internal functional teams such as Quality, Engineering, Marketing on account strategy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8 to 10 years of qualified experience, preferably managing large scale teams, and senior client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with partnering with sales on key proposals and opportunities.
- Cross functional Leadership skills, ability to understand impact to decisions on Sales, Brand + Marketing, Product and Finance
- Strong P+L knowledge.
- Experience in scaling and improving efficiencies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a proven leader and motivated self-starter that can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated time management, organizational skills, detail oriented and a strong commitment to personal and organizational accountability
- Strong operational skills to effectively manage and optimize large delivery teams while meeting increasing client high performance requirements
- Excellent ability to serve as the liaison between Client and internal executive teams.
- Professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgement, and competent performance.
- Motivated leader that can empower and motivate a group of different functional teams.
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others while demonstrating the ability to connect with team members
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action.
- Demonstrated experience creating productive, cooperative relationships and conflict resolution skills. Effectively coaches, mentors and trains peers and team members
- Displays a high level of professionalism by setting appropriate examples in meetings and interactions with peers and team members
- Track record of excellent leadership skills including ability to build highly functioning teams that deliver high caliber metrics
- Demonstrates a high level of fiscal awareness and responsibility. Continuously looks for methods to develop processes that have a positive impact on the bottom line
- Ability to travel post COVID
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.