(Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning)
Appen’s Project Manager (PM) is responsible for monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a group of independent contractors (ICs) completing data structuring content annotation for client delivery. The PM works collaboratively with an Appen project team to meet all project and client requirements.
- Delivery to project objectives within project scope, timeline and budget
- Develop and execute delivery and quality management plans to support a project end-to-end
- Drive continuous project improvements and efficiencies
- Deliver required performance metrics and KPI at or exceeding expectations
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve individual IC and team results to, in-turn, improve client satisfaction
- Actively participate in WBR, MBR & some QBR meetings to establish and grow client relationships
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Ensure ICs have access to required tools, guidelines and other project resources to meet project requirements
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Provide regular project status reporting and in-depth analysis when required
- Participate in the training and mentoring of new and existing Appen staff
- Adapt to changing project needs and expectations
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2 to 5 years of project management experience in a metric-driven setting, working in a production, operation, or call center environment
- Minimum 2 years of quality management experience in a metric-driven setting working in a production, operation, or call center environment
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and use sound judgment to reach decisions while exhibiting sensitivity for all parties and issues
- Able to establish productive, cooperative relationships and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others.
- Driven to focus on quality and service delivery
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies. Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce.
- Innovative thinker who drives the development and implementation of new ideas
- PMP and Prince 2 certifications are desirable
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual in a second language is a bonus
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.