As a member of our UX team you will be building annotation tools marking up text, audio, images, video and other data
types for use in creating machine learning models. You will provide the amazing experiences for the users, fixing bugs as
necessary and constantly working on improving the quality of our codebase.
• Build Appen’s client facing tools, including self-serving APIs, dashboards, reports.
• Create prototypes, MVP and production software.
• Technical input for new and existing product initiatives, assist with definition of product direction
• Define, design, troubleshoot, and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Work with manager, engineers, product management and operation team to design and implement application
• Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes.
• Support product in a production environment on AWS
• 5+ years experience developing commercial web applications.
• 2+ year experience with working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework.
• 1+ year experience with working with Node.js platform.
• 1+ year experience with React/Redux setup.
• Proficiency with command line and Chrome Developer Tools.
• Experience with Git, Docker, Jira, Confluence.
• Assertive "get things done" attitude.
Position Title Senior Front-End Engineer
Department/Family ADAP Engineering
Reports To Grzegorz Biesiadecki, Snior Manager, Engineering
Location San Francisco / Remote
Senior Front-End Engineer
August 27, 2021 appen.com
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English