Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen is looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive core platform initiatives to take training data solutions to the next level. This product manager will own drive initiatives to improve data quality for Appen customers as well as continuously discover solutions to make Appen products scale to meet growing customer needs.
- Customer Discovery: Work closely with Customer Success and Sales teams to learn about customer use cases- this will involve regular interactions with customers and other external-facing business functions
- Product Definition: Build a product roadmap based on customer needs, strategic company goals, market and technical trends, and competitive landscape.
- Prioritization: Prioritize from the backlog to solve the most urgent and costly business and customer problems
- Delivery: Work with engineering and quality assurance to manage User Acceptance Testing and synthesize the go/no-go of release of features based on results.
- Orchestration: Coordinate with Engineering, Support and GTM teams for product launches
- Monitor and measure: Identify key metrics. Monitor and report on engagement and usage, as well as identify improvement areas
- Documentation: Create and maintain feature documentation, Sales Enablement, User Training & Tutorials
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience working with enterprise customers
- Excellent customer-facing written and verbal communication and presentation
- Experience working closely with Engineering to ship products in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Project Management skills, particularly the ability to handle multiple priorities, stakeholders and workstreams
- Experience defining and tracking metrics to measure success
- Ability to wrangle data SQL and XML to enable data driven decisions
- Qualifications and Experience
- 5 to 7+ years of product experience
- Familiarity with working in an agile framework
- Ability to drive results through influence and a problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to execute and manage expectations across various functional teams
- Experience building enterprise software for Fortune 500 customers
- Experience building products that leverage machine learning