The Associate Project Manager is responsible for monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a roster or group of independent contractors doing search, social media and/or eCommerce relevance ranking and content annotation. The Associate Project Manager works collaboratively with an Appen team to meet all client and project requirements.
- Quality Management:
- Execute day-to-day quality process for all assigned programs
- Develop quality management plans to support a program end-to-end
- Drive quality improvements
- Take responsibility for delivering required performance metrics for assigned programs
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve individual IC and team results to improve client satisfaction
- Client Relationship Management:
- Become familiar with all aspects of managing client relationships
- Actively establish and grow client relationships, as assigned
- Adapt to changing client needs and expectations
- Virtual Team Management:
- Build and manage a virtual team of proficient ICs that meets or exceeds quality, throughput and productivity targets
- Participate in IC selection as needed
- Ensure ICs have access to required tools, guidelines and other related materials to meet project requirements
- Prepare and disseminate project materials based on IC and/or client feedback to clarify guidelines
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Provide regular reporting on project status, as well as more in-depth analysis
- Guideline & Training Support:
- Develop program guidelines and training material as well as annotate data for new or existing programs
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as assigned
- Support the training and mentoring of new and existing Appen staff, as assigned
- Reporting and Communication:
- Communicate service level expectations and directions to all ICs. May be asked to establish quality requirements
- Provide up-to-date information that helps Appen staff and ICs anticipate and solve problems.
- Proactively provide on-the-spot positive and constructive feedback to ICs regarding metrics-driven performance issues
- Under manager guidance, communicate directly with client, using proper escalation procedures for both production-related questions and technical issues
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Participate in regular team meetings with program staff
- Where necessary, complete additional tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced in managing and prioritizing large volumes of email correspondence
- Experienced in delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Open to work at Lancaster New City, Imus, Cavite
- Candidates must be amenable to work on a night shift schedule
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree from an accredited university or at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Project Management, Data Analytics/Management and/or Process Improvement is an advantage
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.