Instructional Designer/Facilitator (AI/ML Company)
The Instructional Designer is responsible for developing, documenting, and delivering web, ecommerce and social media evaluation training materials used in the onboarding of independent consultants. This position specializes in the creation of instructionally sound curriculum and adult learning technical content in support of computer-based training. In addition, portions of this role will also include virtual or in-person delivery of material. The role would be a 60/40 split of content creation to facilitation. The team also serves as the center for Diversity & Inclusion.
- Development of learning resources, creating and retooling of courses and course segments for computer-based delivery methods.
- Develop and administer practice and/or qualifying exams for onboarding training material.
- Collaborate with Qualification Manager, PMs and SMEs on all projects.
- Support and mentor directors, managers, and other leaders on best practices of adult learning methods suited for onboarding training development.
- Monitor success of consultants and adjust training program as needed.
- Continuously reviewing department material and processes for areas of improvement.
- Deliver and facilitate courses for the
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Should be familiar with curriculum development, online learning and instruction, theories of adult learning such as able to independently develop courses for both internal and external audiences.
- Must be able to assist in taking a project from conception to final design utilizing multimedia technology and authoring tools.
- Responsible for conveying a consistent brand image that attracts customers/clients using a variety of learning resources (print, graphics, audio, video, animation)
- Proficient in MS Office, SharePoint, Articulate (or similar), and competent learning an LMS.
- Able to quickly learn company technology and products.
- Desire to continuously learn new features of development tools and software.
- Knowledge of Learning Management systems and new LMS training for employees.
- Strong technical writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
- Ensure that all information is consistent, easy to understand, and well organized.
- Proofread and edit own work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation.
- High attention to detail and demonstrated time management/organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problem, gather information and set course of action.
- Able to establish productive, co-operative relationships and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and use sound judgment to reach decisions while demonstrating sensitivity for all parties and issues.
- Innovative thinker that drives the development and implementation of new ideas; unafraid of taking risks to accomplish goals.
- Must be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others.
- Must have a desire for professional development, learning of new skills, etc.
- We at Appen look for individuals who embody our core values: performance, honesty, humility, and grit. At Appen, we embrace and strive purposefully with our core values in mind throughout every aspect of our work and expect our employees to meet and exceed these standards. If this resonates with your work ethic and style, we encourage you to apply for this Appen position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related fields.
- 3+ years of curriculum design utilizing PowerPoint, Creative Cloud or similar, Articulate 360 or similar, eLearning modules, online learning modules.
- 3+ years of experience presenting/teaching/training personnel or equivalent experience.
- Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.