As a Go-To-Market Manager, you will be focused on defining the market and sales revenue opportunity for offers on the roadmap, providing input to the product construct as the roadmap develops and developing effective strategies/plans to communicate the features and benefits of new products to customers (these may be internal or external). This will involve market and internal research on current trending products, detailed understanding of competitors, influence on pricing and packaging approaches and close collaboration with sales, product and engineering teams to achieve these goals.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the market and our specific customer’s needs
- Understand the competitive landscape and be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned (including pricing)
- Transform knowledge of our market, customers, competitors and products into specific, data-led strategic plans
- Define the market and sales revenue opportunity based on your understanding of the market and our position
- Provide input to product design and development with ‘voice of customer’ in mind, to support high commercial relevance of proposed solutions based on your understanding of our market and customer needs
- Develop go-to-market plans (including pricing, packaging, marketing, communications etc.) to best capture market and sales revenue opportunity
- Execute go-to-market plans for products and solutions you support (primarily focused on MVP requirements for launch)
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, Engineering and Marketing to achieve business outcomes and provide feedback loop between different stakeholder groups
- Understand and support our sales channels in partnership with the broader Product Marketing organization; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
- Proactively identify and anticipate roadblocks of technical, business, political, or organizational nature and actively seek resolution with leadership and peers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a motivated self-starter that can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Understanding of all components of new product launch including go-to-market design, product marketing and launch execution
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing and Product Management is especially important
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally
- Strong analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action based on data
- Be knowledgeable and deeply interested in the business and organizational aspects of transformation
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of go-to-market or product marketing experience or similar experience launching products
- Demonstrated success in identifying go-to-market priorities launching differentiated products that meet and exceed business objectives
- Entrepreneurship, creative problem-solving skills and a strong desire to make an impact in the market
- Comfortable completing basic analysis to validate qualitative insights from internal teams and customers and converting results into business insights/ recommendations
- Process orientated with proven ability to communicate to senior level audiences - must be a strong verbal and written communicator
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.