SENIOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ENGINEER
- Lead strategic alignment and technical delivery of customer annotation programs with consistent communication to all stakeholders from project team to executive leadership
- Create technical implementation strategy for projects leveraging Appen technologies
- Design, build and implement custom solutions to process large amounts of data through the Appen Data Annotation Platform
- Provide technical recommendations as a “trusted advisor” to internal and external stakeholders with a “customer first” mentality
- Partner with Customer Success and Managed Services Teams as the technical liaison to deliver projects, drive adoption, minimize churn and drive renewals
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to influence product roadmap based on market/customer requirements
- Increase overall effectiveness by systematically identifying and solving root cause organizational and technological challenges discovered throughout program delivery
- Travel to customer on sites as needed (post COVID-19)
- Minimum 5 years of implementation experience and/or in a technical customer-facing role
- Ability to break down complex problems and resolve through customer consultation and execution.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to relate complicated concepts to both non-technical and technical audiences
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities, respond promptly and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Understanding of data pipelines from data retrieval, ingestion, querying, scripting, processing, and delivery
- Ability to independently plan and manage programs and projects of significant complexity and risk across multiple teams and functions with stakeholders in different time zones
Nice to Haves:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Technical Bootcamp Equivalent
- Knowledge of ETL and ETL workflows
- Exposure to AWS Cloud Services, such as S3 and Lambda
- Experience building Executive-level and customer-facing dashboards and analysis
Appen is a Human-in-the-Loop AI solution for data science and machine learning teams. Our industry leading, AI-assisted data annotation platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Appen’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases that gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.