As a member of the Global Operations and Automation Team, the Project Manager is responsible for driving operational excellence for our internal Global teams. This role will manage multiple internal iniatives/projects including but not limited to process improvements/automation, process development, knowledge management, change management, root cause investigations, IT system process changes, Town Hall/meeting management, and training.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Drive operational excellence and streamline efforts while introducing ideas for innovation, automation, and improvement into systems and processes for Appen and its operations.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of operational knowledge through process documentation, trainings, and effective change management.
- Drive thorough and timely communications that fosters confidence in knowledge and enables a proactive, collaborative work environment. Communicate effectively both up and down communication chains.
- Spearhead the development, implementation, and ongoing adoption of Global Team tools, systems, and processes.
- Interact with a wide range of personalities; this includes building relationships and providing leadership internally across functional lines and business units.
- Drive continuous improvements across all clients through application of statistical quality analysis while acting as a SME resource for the current project management team.
- Support Global RoB through development of scorecards, reporting, presentations, and other collateral. Support Town Hall/Executive meeting management.
- Implement and support a centralized quality framework, supported by RCA processes, and implement corrective actions across all project teams.
- Design and maintain Global SharePoint sites, Team sites, and other Global tools and resources.
- Support the Sr. Program Manager with other Global RoB work and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Informatics, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and 2+ years’ experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 2-3 years minimum experience managing projects or internal initiatives in a metrics driven setting within a client delivery, PMO, finance, operations, IT, or analytics department/org.
- Process improvement, process development or knowledge management experience
- Experience developing and maintaining team knowledge via SharePoint sites, process documentation, or other tools.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and use sound judgment to reach decisions while demonstrating sensitivity for all parties and issues.
- Ability to identify problems and then analyze, evaluate the relevancy, discover solutions, make recommendations, and drive resolutions.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Displays a high level of professionalism by setting appropriate examples in meetings and interactions with peers and team members.
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies. Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning and drives team to seek out educational opportunities.
Nice-to-Have Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- PMP certifications are a plus.
- Lean certification and/or Six Sigma are a plus.
- Experience with some of the following:
- Business Applications - SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Asana, Workday, Salesforce Microsoft Office
- Analytical/Scripting Tools - Advanced Microsoft Excel, SQL, Mode, Python
- Visualization Tools – Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, LucidChart, Visio
- Automation Tools – Microsoft Power Automate, Microsoft Power Apps
- Scripting Languages - SQL, R(Basic), Python, Excel Macros (VBA), HTML
Who You Are
- A problem solver. You do not let processes remain manually tedious for long. Nor do you give up when you hit a few roadblocks. You’re here to continuously improve the way we do things, and you love a good challenge.
- A self-starter. You are self-motivated and you do not need any micro-management. You can establish a course of action for yourself and others while still being flexible to incoming business changes. You can manage your own time and you drive initiatives to completion.
- A team player. You like working with people, you’ve got a high EQ, and you don’t mind going the extra mile to help your team or other coworkers.
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.