The Program Manager role is a leadership position with active involvement in client and team management, process design and implementation, report and data management and strategic planning. Additionally, the Program Manager may be responsible for project and data analysis, meeting coordination and other manager training as assigned.
The Program Manager will be responsible for an umbrella of business, monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a team of Project Managers delivering to our clients. The Program Manager will work collaboratively, supporting a virtual environment, with Appen’s Client Services team to meet all stakeholder requirements.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and drive project plans and objectives to meet project scope, timeline and budget
- Build and manage a proficient team of managers to drive team key performance metrics and meet or exceeds program targets
- Develop and execute delivery and quality management plans to support a project end-to-end
- Drive continuous project improvements and efficiencies
- Deliver required performance metrics and KPI at or exceeding expectations
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve program performance and Client deliverables
- Facilitate and drive WBR, MBR & QBR meetings to establish and grow client relationships
- Conduct training for new staff on all end-to-end processes utilized by Client Services
- Communicate in a timely, clear and concise manner to stakeholders including Staff, Directors, Clients and Leadership.
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Provide regular, strategic program updates with action plans to Leadership
- Grow Client relationships and drive Land and Expand growth and initiatives
- Develop and deliver semi-annual performance reviews for all direct reports
- Adapt to changing program needs and expectations
- Participate in corporate initiatives and committee work as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 5 to 7 years of management experience in a metric-driven setting, working in a production, operation, or call center environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Project Manager for Appen or in a similar field
- BS or BA degree from an accredited University or equivalent work experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally to a wide audience including clients, managers and senior leaders; effectively uses active listening skills
- Driven to focus on quality and drives team members and peers to deliver exceptional quality and service
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies. Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning demonstrates through documented learning opportunities. Works with and encourages others to to learn and develop professionally
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and drive course of action for self and others
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce
- Innovative thinker who drives self and others in the development and implementation of new ideas; unafraid of taking risks to accomplish corporate level goals
- Able to effectively coach and train peers and team members
- Experience managing client relationships with a demonstrated focus on delivering high level customer service and quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions by researching and carefully weighing all options
- Exibit discretion, good judgment and mature behavior when dealing with sensitive materials and situations
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.