Reporting to the Solutions Architects Director, the Pricing Analyst will be primarily responsible for working with operational teams, Solution Architects, and sales teams to devise pricing for customer proposals.
Pricing Analysts will provide cost modeling pre-sales support to the Global Solution Architects. At the outset, the analysts will gather operational inputs to support the SA’s. Eventually, parameters will be developed whereby the BD/AE will work exclusively with a pricing analyst for all pricing needs on certain opportunities.
- Work closely with operational teams across Appen to collate the necessary financial inputs, i.e. vendor costs, staff costs, etc. to assemble a pricing package for internal (Appen stakeholders) and external (customer) review.
- Using Appen tools, coordinate and communicate effectively across multiple operational teams to ensure that financial inputs address customer requirements and hew to established internal financial benchmarks, i.e. profitability.
- With training, be well-versed in Appen solutions to confirm accuracy and cost-effectiveness of financial inputs received from operational teams.
- Using Excel and the pricing inputs provided from operational teams, build financial models for internal review (containing profitability benchmarks) and external consumption (client-facing to be included in sales proposals).
- Support the sales process in ensuring that pricing packages are assembled for review according to proposal timelines.
- Continually act as a liaison with operational teams & be educated on internal developments that will impact pricing and cost structures.
- As opportunity needs dictate, work directly with sales teams in securing all financial and solution-related needs for a proposal and deliver to sales an on-time proposal package that addresses customer requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to collate large amounts of data and convert into accurate and easily-understood pricing models
- Advanced user of Excel and Word
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, respond quickly, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to adapt your message to the context of the audience.
- Dynamic thinker and fast learner who can quickly adapt pricing models to shifting customer needs.
- We at Appen look for individuals who embody our core values: performance, honesty, humility, and grit. At Appen, we embrace and strive purposefully with our core values in mind throughout every aspect of our work and expect our employees to meet and exceed these standards. If this resonates with your work ethic and style, we encourage you to apply for this Appen position.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years-experience in analytics/financial services
- University degree required
- Experience working in a managed services or SAAS environment is preferred
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.