CLIENT SERVICES DIRECTOR
The Client Services Director is responsible for overseeing daily operations for a team of Program and Project Managers and managing portfolios of Client relationships. The Director orchestrates a team of Managers in the performance of their duties including but not limited to client management, onboarding new clients, ramping new projects, process development, report and data management, strategic planning, project and data analysis, meeting coordination, training and team mentoring.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the efforts of a team of Program and Project Managers
- Build, develop and maintain high-performing delivery teams including, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and continually driving performance development initiatives
- Establish and monitor team and individual goals and drive teams to accomplish and exceed them, inspiring and fostering team commitments, innovation and continuous improvement with measurable results
- Develop and deliver semi-annual performance reviews for all direct reports as well as review performance evaluations given by direct reports to first line subordinates.
- Drive operational excellence and streamline efforts while introducing ideas for innovation and improvement into systems and processes for Appen and its operations
- Meet and exceed project budgets
- Monitor and control margins and participate in pricing strategies
- Oversee the development and maintenance of operational process and program documentation
- Drive thorough and timely communications that fosters confidence in knowledge and enables a proactive, collaborative work environment. Communicate effectively both up and down communication chains. Occasionally required to present to executive team or during company events.
- Drive new business by supporting new client and project growth as well as implementation of new business or service offerings.
- Spearhead the development, implementation and maintenance of Appen’s internal infrastructure including building processes for assigned projects, operations and initiatives. Drive initiatives for improving Appen’s internal suite of tools.
- Implement and maintain lean processes and programs
- Interact with a wide range of personalities; this includes building relationships with third party vendors externally and providing leadership internally across functional lines and business units
- Provide excellent customer service across Appen’s full client base:
- Successfully build, maintain and grow productive relationships with assigned client base
- Respond to and appropriately prioritize client requests and project delivery requirements as they arise
- Complete periodic needs analysis and proactively listen for clients’ pain points and dissatisfaction and drive appropriate resolutions
- Address client requests and feedback with appropriate urgency and escalation
- Work closely with Business Development to identify and drive new business strategies and activities
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years minimum senior management experience working in a metrics driven setting in a production, operation, or call center environment.
- 5 years experience in a client facing role.
- 10 years minimum experience managing teams and mentoring others, including hiring and managing full time and contract staff or consultants.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited University or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Motivated self-starter that can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and use sound judgment to reach decisions while demonstrating sensitivity for all parties and issues. Able and unafraid to provide valuable input across the company
- Ability to identify problems and then analyze, evaluate the relevancy, discover solutions, make recommendations and drive resolution
- Demonstrated experience creating productive, cooperative relationships and conflict resolution skills. Effectively coaches, mentors and trains peers and team members
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Displays a high level of professionalism by setting appropriate examples in meetings and interactions with peers and team members
- Ability to drive customer service excellence, proficient in managing client relationships and able to drive new projects forward while keeping the customer happy
- Track record of building and developing effective teams that deliver high quality production, operation or call center work
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies. Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning and drives team to seek out educational opportunities
- Maintains a high level of business acumen and is able to lead process improvement and innovation while drivinge effeciencies and and change
- Experience managing full budget responsibility with a demonstrated high-level of fiscal awareness and responsibility. Does not waste resources and continuously looks for methods to develop processes that have a positive impact on the bottom line
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.