Transformation Program Manager
The Transformation Office partners with business leaders to scale operations and delivery and accelerate revenue growth at Appen. Working closely with the Board, CEO, and executive leadership team, the transformation office is managing a complex program encompassing multiple cross-functional workstream teams driving projects of critical importance to support the product and growth strategy for the company. This is a multi-year program to embed a permanent capability for managing change and scaling quickly.
Due to the growth of business requirements, the Transformation Office is seeking a Program Manager to support the development and implementation of the office and program. This is a new created role and base in our Corporate Headquarters Office in Chatswood, NSW.
- Support the Head of Transformation to plan and co-ordinate the overall program timeline, key milestones and deliverables, stakeholder communications with a focus on Board and executive leadership team messaging and transformation KPI, and ad hoc projects
- Support the assessment and prioritization of initiatives, and measurement criteria for success and progress
- Identify, communicate and plan for inter-dependencies across transformation workstreams as well as business unit top priorities
- Monitor key program milestones and proactively assess issues and risks to dates deadlines and targets
- Work closely with head of communications and change management on key stakeholder messaging
- Identify, monitor and communicate key risks associated with the program
- Co-ordinate internal governance activities, including preparing reporting for Board, Board Committee. Executive Leadership/SteerCo, and Working Groups
- Analysis and decision support for opportunities and risks to the program
- Support management of office budget and support for funding
- Support select outside advisory projects, including operating audit and/or consulting engagements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective and disciplined project management and organisation skills across a large number of tasks and coordinating input from multiple parties
- Results oriented, strong in execution
- Excellent, solutions-focused interpersonal skills needed to develop internal and external relationships
- Tenacious, creative and analytical approach to problem solving, backed by a high degree of numeracy and attention to detail
- Deals well with ambiguity; responds flexibly to changing external/internal priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team, but also to proactively manage own schedule and team to get results
- Strong commitment to meeting targets and deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communications
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong analytic and strategic evaluation ability
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and initiative. Demonstrable ability to form senior-level relationships
- MBA preferred, plus 2+ years’ experience in consulting and/or large-scale project management
- Able to demonstrate track record in large scale, multi-stakeholder projects (Good to have but not a must have)
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.