Sr QA Engineer (Performance)/SDET
About the Role
We are looking for a white box performance QA Engineer who has a strong hands-on experience in extending and optimize existing framework for stress & performance, service/integration testing on a complex Web Application. You will be working with the backend development engineer team and DevOps team to build code and provide insight into the performance, scalability customer usage and failure analysis, generate test data, and simulations. You will be navigating the codebase/API, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. Some organizations refer to this a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) or QA Automation Engineer.
· Work closely with DevOps team to support multiple test environments upgrade and maintenance.
· Work closely with architects, developers and QA Engineers to design, build, extend and execute Performance test. Generate and analysis test results to improve scalability of the product.
· Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
· Reproduce, debug and finding root cause of existing performance product issues.
· Identify weak spots and potential problems. Constantly design better and creative ways to break software.
· Continuously improve the existing automation, speed, quality, and automate repeated tasks.
· Work with engineers and QA team to create testing tools and debug automation failures.
Skills & Experience
· 3-5 years of hands-on experience in design and build various API testing framework and/or End-to-End automation framework by using Python.
· Expertise using tools to build and optimize frameworks, such as Lucas, Grafana and PyTest.
· 1-2 year working experience on AWS Cloud Computing, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes, SDLC, CICD pipeline.
· 1-2 year working experience with relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL.
· 2-3 year experience working with service-oriented architectures.
· 1-2 years working knowledge with Kafka.
· Knowledge of test methodologies, working experience writing excellent test plans and test reports.
· Proactive, have passion in testing, love challenges, quick learner, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver with “get the work done” attitude.
· Minimum BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.