Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions, and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due, and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
Data Collection Specialist is responsible for implementing data collection project solutions, configuring and troubleshooting Appen’s data collection systems, software and equipment, setting up data management workflows in coordination with Project Engineering and Project Delivery teams, and helping to troubleshoot tool issues. Data Collection Specialist works collaboratively with Data Collection Architect, Project Managers, Project Engineering and other Specialists to meet all project and client requirements.
- Deliver to project objectives within project scope, timeline and budget
- Design user out-reach/onboarding/engagement strategies tailored for the needs of individual projects
- Taking ownership of successful creation, execution, monitoring and reporting on all types of project solutions
- Create and analyse statistical reports to proactively identify and improve project results and efficiency
- Set up quality management processes and monitor their implementation
- Train project team members on workflows and processes for specific projects
- Follow strict confidentiality protocol regulating the handling of project details and other sensitive information
- Communicate and coordinate with internal or external stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Ensure project team members and ICs have access to required tools, guidelines and other project resources to meet project requirements
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Provide regular project status reporting and in-depth analysis
- Adapt to changing project needs and expectations
- Proactively contributing solutions, troubleshooting issues and helping others as necessary
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as needed
- Qualifications and Experience
- 1-2 years of project and/or quality management experience in a metric-driven setting
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- Experience with stakeholder management in a commercial project-based environment
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Agility and a service orientated approach
- Able to work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership of the tools, processes and reporting
- Commitment to quality (being able to set up and follow quality management processes)
- Ability to interpret data, identify trends and analyse process effectiveness
- Ability to thrive in metric-driven, fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, VBA, Word, and Outlook
- Working experience with SQL, R Studio, Python, PowerBI highly desirable
- Experience with audio recording equipment and software desirable
- Bi-lingual in a second language is a bonus
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.