A Quality Manager helps drive quality processes and initiatives and identify quality issues to ensure projects are meeting required quality goals. They work closely with and report to the Program Manager on one or multiple projects at once and will be specifically focused on identifying quality issues and areas needing improvement and helping to action quality improvements on the project(s). They may help with analysis, reporting, communication, reviews or preparing qualification or feedback materials.
Responsibilities to include but not be limited to the following
- Help the Program Manager implement Quality strategy with scalable processes/tools/systems
- Be accountable for the performance of a team of quality auditors (ICs) (selecting, qualifying, monitoring performance of auditor team)
- Assess and prioritize the top-quality issues affecting the project/program quality performance
- Find creative workarounds for quality issues where tools are the root cause and a technical solution is not imminent.
- Report and drive communication with clients regarding the program/project quality
- Ensure programs/projects meet quality performance goals and quality standards are met on a week-over-week basis through the following activities (not exhaustive list)
- Project Deep Dives to identify quality issues
- Auditor Monitoring/Spot Checking Audits and auditor disputes/comments
- Helping prepare Auditor qualification materials,
- Managing daily communication with auditor team (responding to questions/ clarifications, and requalifying process)
- Reviewing Golden dataset
- Preparing Example Jobs for Weekly Quizzes
- Preparing Qualification Materials
- Preparing Supplemental Guideline Materials
- Helping Auditor teams implement new or standardized processes
- Additional Tasks as needed (to manage project/program quality)
- Experience in managing quality control/quality analysis organization or leading cross-functional quality improvement projects and teams in a dynamic environment
- 2+ years of demonstrated management ability across diverse functions (direct reports, cross functional relationships, 3rd party vendors. etc.)
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to produce results
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a rapidly changing and extremely global team
- Strong practical experience with Excel (PivotTable, Charts, Statistical functions) is essential.
- Experience with Tableau/Power BI or other similar tools is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of breaking down complex process and identifying key pain points in order to deliver business improvements at the regional or global level
- Passion for our mission of ensuring a world class support experience for our community
- Quality certification (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, TQM, etc.) a plus
- Project management certification is a plus
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.