CROWD OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
The Crowd Operations Specialist provides communication with and engagement for our community of over one million Contributors by providing support as necessary, monitoring and responding on social media channels, creating and promoting engagement content, and writing and distribution of disaster/emergency messaging. This role is responsible for helping Appen build and maintain a solid community engagement program and process flow, as well as improving Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Assist in communicating with our Crowd by providing superior customer service and support, by leveraging best-in-class communication tools
- Work cross-functionally (Crowd Support, PMs, Recruiting, Product, Marketing) to identify opportunities to improve Crowd experience and overall Appen retention
- Act as an advocate for the Crowd, engaging in dialogues with various departments and answering questions where appropriate
Social Media Monitoring
- Help monitor and respond to company-related content located on social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Work with Product and Marketing to create proactive messaging around product releases, platform updates, and any other major changes
- Partner with Marketing to develop reactive messaging for negative incidents, Crowd complaints or Customer issues
- Help develop and implement internal and external communication strategies, including process documents, style guides, responses for online reviews and posts, crisis and disaster communications, and other messaging as necessary
- Generate compelling content and help manage a scheduled engagement calendar for the Crowd, focused on Wellness, Community and Education
- Create and execute Crowd surveys and deliver results upon request from various teams and departments
- Complete other tasks as assigned
Qualifications - Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS or BA degree in Marketing, Writing or Communications from an accredited University or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format,
- 4-5 years working in a customer facing role
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of online community platforms and their respective participants (forums, blogs, web casts, photo uploads, profiling etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- 2-3 years’ experience managing/moderating an online community
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and possesses fantastic interpersonal skills
- Proficient in building and maintaining relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to quickly become a subject matter expert on a variety of Appen programs
- Good technical aptitude and can pick up new tools quickly
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, with attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Motivated self-starter that drives initiatives to completion
- Ability to drive customer service excellence and provide a positive experience for the Crowd
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.