Senior Director, Global Business
The Senior Director will drive customer relations, growth, PMO, digital transformation, operational excellence, performance efficiencies, quality, qualification, and resource planning for a large book of business. This senior delivery role will ensure all requirements of the terms of customer agreements are met or exceeded where possible. This role will engage with our client teams, driving strategy, partner with sales, solutions, and all internal business partners.
- Customer relationships, PMO office, best practices, and optimization: Lead transformation, customer relationships, growth, quality, efficiencies, delivery metrics, resource management, PMO best practices, team performance, and ultimately customer satisfaction. Strive to be profitable and efficient while supporting Appen’s overarching vision.
- Operational Strategy: Partner with Senior Leadership to make decisions relating to operational activities and set strategic goals for their teams and business partners. Develop strategic and annual objectives / goals to support strategic resource planning for account personnel and year over year growth.
- Growth and Efficiency Strategy: Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs organizationally wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize cost. Understand and deploy technologies and automation to improve operational team’s performance and quality.
- Senior Client Relationship Management: Partner with senior leadership on the client team, managing quarterly strategy sessions relating to vendor performance.
- Team Development and Management: Support, develop and maintain high-performing delivery teams including, hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and continually driving performance development initiatives.
- Mentoring and Leadership: Management of team functional areas, developing resources and providing growth and learning. Driving thought leadership and professional support for customers.
- Sales Partnership: Support the sales organization, partnering on new pilots, SOW development and PO renewal.
- KPIs, Reporting, and Scorecard Management: Driver of the Operational performance scorecard where applicable, partnering with the client on solutions and performance improvement.
- Reporting and Automation: Drive efficiencies at the account level, reporting on optimization monthly to the Senior leadership team. Review and revise policies and procedures as needed to support the organization and ensure they are followed.
- Trends and Insights: Evaluate data/trends, gather other information, and analyze their findings to drive KPI’s throughout the org. Industry thought leadership and demonstrated knowledge share.
- Executive presentations: Hold weekly, bi-weekly, monthly department meetings to ensure problems are handled quickly.
- Cross team collaboration: Partnership with internal functional teams such as Quality, Qualification, SLA, Product Engineering, and Marketing on account strategy.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualifications and Experience
- 15 to 20 years of qualified experience, preferably managing large scale teams, and senior client relationships.
- Big Consulting experience and Master’s degree preferred.
- Large scale PMO $250+Mil revenue operations of Portfolio of Programs preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with partnering with sales on key proposals and opportunities.
- Cross functional Leadership skills, ability to understand impact to decisions on Delivery Operations, Sales, Brand, Marketing, Product, and Finance
- Strong P&L knowledge and experience.
- Experience in scaling and improving efficiencies for large scale Digital Transformation engagements. Global and International experience and cultural awareness specifically in the growth regions such as Europe and APAC.
- Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science/Management, Business Management, or similar
- Preferred Certifications: Lean Six Sigma, PMP/PMI, PMO, Agile, Scrum, Design Thinking, Strategy
- Evidence of continuous learning and growth.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a proven leader and motivated self-starter that can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion while meeting deadlines. Large scale PMO operations. Simplify complex operations, large scale transformation, and scale the organization.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational skills, detail oriented, summary level and actionable executive reporting, and a strong commitment to personal and organizational accountability.
- Strong operational skills to effectively manage and optimize large delivery teams while meeting increasing client high performance requirements.
- Excellent ability to serve as the liaison between Client and internal executive teams.
- Professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgement, and competent performance.
- Motivated leader that can empower and motivate a group of different functional teams.
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change.
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others while demonstrating the ability to connect with team members.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action.
- Demonstrated experience creating productive, cooperative relationships and conflict resolution skills. Effectively coaches, mentors, promotes, educates peers and team members.
- Displays a high level of professionalism by setting appropriate examples in meetings and interactions with peers and team members.
- Track record of excellent leadership skills including ability to build highly functioning teams that deliver high caliber metrics.
- Demonstrates a high level of fiscal awareness and responsibility. Continuously looks for methods to develop processes that have a positive impact on the bottom line.
- Ability to travel post COVID. Ability to work and adapt to team and customer location and time zones. We have business across the world and time zones.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we do not give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.