Senior Product Manager – Knowledge, Ontology, and Taxonomy
We are looking for an experienced, driven product manager with B2B SaaS experience to drive cross-functional product initiatives that enable Appen customers to consistently classify and interrelate data for training a wide variety of AI machine models. In this role, you will work across engineering, data science, managed services, marketing and sales teams to up level Appen’s software platform. Your contributions will continually expand the ability for our customers to represent their domain knowledge, create ontologies, and publish data labelling systems for a broad range of AI use cases, industries, and systems.
Your area of responsibility will demand excellent communication and collaboration skills, data-driven decision making, continuous evaluation of new opportunities, strong ownership of customer outcomes, and ability to see the bigger picture.
· Investigation of market and requirements
· Developments of software platform strategies, inclusive of GTM, technical integration, facilitating collaboration across many personas, and creating a shared sense of ownership across Appen
· Productize prototypes and conduct experimentation with customers and industry experts
· Own product requirements, work delegation and creating a pervasive impact across prelabeled datasets, data collection tools, data annotation tools and human evaluation of AI model deployments
· Define service offerings that align Appen’s expertise, deployment of crowd resources, and software roadmap around knowledge graphs, ontology mapping and data classification
· Propose new business cases to executive management and obtain buy-in
· Work closely with key customers and partners to generate and validate product refinements
· Generate content to promote the fast-growth, emerging area of multimodal AI training data preparation
· Work closely with Customer Success and Sales teams to evolve roadmap priorities to maximize revenue growth
· BS degree (MS degree highly desirable), with 5+ years of experience in product management in the SaaS enterprise software space
· Prior experience in knowledge graphs and taxonomies
· Experience using data-driven analytics to gain insights on current situations, new opportunities, and product performance
· Experience working directly with customer stakeholders to formulate new use cases for software and/or crowdsourced labor
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.