Senior Product Manager – Developer Experiences
As our Technical Product manager of Developer Experiences, your role is to make it easy for both external developers across all of Appen’s customer segments leverage APIs & SDKs across our product platforms and increase developer productivity with our internal engineering org. If you are passionate about enabling great developer experiences and want to dive deep into AI/ML, this is an excellent opportunity to do both. In this role you will lead our developer experiences to drive innovation to help developers deliver high quality products by providing easy to use tools and infrastructure.
- Customer Discovery: Work closely with Customer Success, Engineering and Sales teams to learn about developer personas, discover their use cases and pain points that define the API integration layer, and translate into detailed set of actionable product requirements
- Product Ownership: Own the overall product experience for developer tools. (APIs/SDKs). Define the product roadmap based on developer needs, strategic company goals, latest market and technical trends, and competitive landscape
- Prioritization: Prioritize from the backlog to solve the most urgent and costly business and customer problems
- Orchestration & Delivery: Partner across UX/UI, Engineering, Product, GTM to manage product development ensuring projects are well scoped, clearly communicated and synthesize the go/no-go of releases based on results
- Monitor and measure: Define KPIs and metrics to gain insights, iterate on features and help shape our overall product offerings
- Documentation: Advocate with artifacts an easy-to-use developer’s integration experience to engage domain product and engineering teams on API design, sample code, help guides & tutorials
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and passion for Developer Experiences and platform product management experiences
- Excellent customer-facing written and verbal communication and presentation to stakeholders and executives
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills, particularly the ability to handle multiple priorities, stakeholders and workstreams
- Experience with integrating customer feedback into product requirements, and driving prioritization
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without authority (e.g. Engineering, UX/UI, Program Management, Marketing, Customer Success and Technical Writers)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors / Masters degree in technical or business related area
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience in driving elements of product development life cycle for developers from vision to execution (i.e. product vision, GTM strategy, driving requirements and product launch)
- 3+ years as software developer or having developers as customers unlocking product experiences via platform APIs, SDKs/CLIs and IDE plugins (e.g. formerly a software developer or technical leader)
- Experience with open-source software, open API standards (e.g. Swagger) and understanding of CI/CD deployment practices and tools
- Experience with Scrum and agile development practice and working on public cloud platforms (Azure/GCP/AWS)
- Experience working on large scale platforms to drive growth, retention and engagement initiatives for cloud/enterprise and/or developer areas.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we do not give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.