- We need a smart, innovative software developer to help us build scalable, resilient and responsive systems
- Set standards for architecture, tools evaluation and selection for our microservices.
- Design and implement the REST API.
- Be obsessive about security, quality and performance.
- Promote best practices for writing maintainable and well-tested code.
- Work closely with members of other development teams to ensure seamless integration with front end and backend services.
- Participate in innovating existing tools, services, and technologies used at Appen using modern best practices.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Assertive “go-getter” attitude to get work done with little supervision and have a willingness to take ownership.
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot and JPA ORM.
- Experience with microservices and building restful APIs
- Hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies.
- Work experience on designing RDBMS and NOSQL.
- Experience with Redis, MySQL, AWS.
- Bonus for experience with docker, maven, gradle.
- Project management tools with Jira, Confluence.
- Familiarity with monitoring and debugging tools for web applications.
- Familiarity with modern React.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience developing commercial web application.
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle. With over 25 years of experience in data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation by humans, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our products and services give leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to launch world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.