Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, with a dotted line to the Accounting Manager, the purpose of this position is to take full financial accounting ownership of certain company ledgers and processes within the Group. The Financial Accountant will focus on delivering accurate and timely financial information as and when needed.
The Financial Accountant will form part of a team of Financial Accountants. Together, the team will take full ownership of the company’s ledgers and cost centres.
- Key Internal Stakeholders
- Group Accounts Payable Team
- Group Transactional Accounting Team
- Group Financial Accounting team
- Group Payroll Team
- Accounting Manager
- Group Finance Manager
- Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Vice President, Finance
- Chief Financial Officer
- Accounts Payable (Crowd) Team
- Divisional Heads
- Divisional Managers
- Key External Stakeholders
- External Auditors
- Banking Contacts
- Local Taxation Authorities
- Responsible for month-end tasks for certain ledgers within the Group, including:
- Accruals and Provisions;
- Fixed assets;
- Intercompany reconciliations;
- Cost centre management
- Revaluations; and
- Other items as required.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for certain ledgers including balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other internal managements reports as needed.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts (either preparing or reviewing / approving where applicable), including full ownership to ensure accuracy of data.
- Liaise with (including coaching / training) the Group Accounts Payable and Group Transactional Accounting Teams to ensure accuracy of transactions posted to ledgers under the remit of this position.
- Reviewing and approving transactions posted by the Group Transactional Team.
- Responsible for customer invoicing and managing collections for certain entities within Group.
- Preparation and review of cost centre allocations for revenue and expenses;
- Liaise with external Auditors in relation to the annual audit and half year review;
- Assist with the preparation and lodgement of local statutory direct and indirect taxation requirements, including GST/VAT returns and income tax returns.
- Liaise with external Banking contacts where required.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual and Half-Yearly financial reporting.
- Assist with cash flow forecasting and reporting.
- Provide support to Divisional managers in relation to financial queries or requests.
- Assist with process improvement and system enhancement initiatives;
- Ad hoc tasks as directed by the Group Finance Manager, Director, Accounting and Financial Reporting or Vice President, Finance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with focus on meeting deliverables and delivering a top-quality product.
- Be someone that takes ownership of their work and delivers it on-time, every-time.
- Is adaptable – ability to work independently and think for themselves, whilst all the same time, being a willing participant in team collaboration.
- Be someone who takes initiative and is willing to take the role beyond the job description and take steps to achieve efficiency gains, in terms of ways to do things faster and smarter.
- Able to respond quickly and positively to new or changed initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including active listening.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment.
- Flexible, independent, calm and self-motivated.
- Possess lateral thinking and problem-solving ability.
- High levels of humility and emotional intelligence.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accountancy, Business, Commerce or related field.
- CPA qualified or equivalent.
- 6+ years financial accounting experience.
- Experience using large ERP Systems (Workday advantageous).
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent English – both in terms of written and verbal communication.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritise and consistently meet deadlines.
Note: Candidates must be willing to work onsite. Office Address: BPO 1 Building, Suntech iPark, Advincula Avenue, Lancaster New City, Barangay Alapan II-B, Imus, 4103 Cavite, Philippines #LI-onsite
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle. With over 25 years of experience in data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation by humans, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our products and services give leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to launch world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally