The Program Manager role is a leadership position with active involvement in client and project team management, report and data management and strategic planning related to a Customer program.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the delivery of a program of work to a Client, monitoring and driving key performance metrics. The Program Manager will work collaboratively, supporting a virtual environment, with Appen’s Enterprise Delivery team to meet all stakeholder requirements.
The Program Manager provides support for the day-to-day management of the project /program team and its operational and strategic objectives. The Program Manager escalates risks in a timely manner to the relevant Senior Manager(s) and/or Director(s).
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and drive project plans and objectives to meet project scope, timeline and budget
- Develop and mentor various project team members to drive team key performance metrics and meet or exceed project & program targets
- Develop and execute delivery and quality management plans to support a project end-to-end
- Drive continuous project improvements and efficiencies
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve program performance and Client deliverables
- Facilitate and drive WBR, MBR & QBR meetings to establish and grow client relationships
- Communicate in a timely, clear and concise manner to stakeholders including Staff, Directors, Clients and Leadership.
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Provide regular, strategic program updates with action plans to Leadership
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in a metric-driven setting, working in a technology-oriented or services organization
- Relevant BS or BA degree from an accredited University or equivalent work experience preferred
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and drive course of action for self and others
- Demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions by researching and carefully weighing all options
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by constant change, and a fast, deadline-driven culture;
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- PMP and Prince 2 certifications are desirable
- Bi-lingual in a second language is a bonus
- Ability to support team members in specialized solution development and business development activities, as required.
- Experience leading teams
- Experience managing budget responsibilities over a portfolio of projects.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Are a strategic, agile and professional communicator, with an ability to positively influence outcomes and a ‘win-win’ orientation;
- Are driven to focus on quality and drives team members and peers to deliver exceptional quality and service
- Have exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Are passionate about learning new skills and technologies.
- Take personal responsibility for continuous learning demonstrates through documented learning opportunities and can work with and encourage others to learn and develop professionally
- Are an innovative thinker who drives yourself and others in the development and implementation of new ideas; unafraid of taking risks to accomplish corporate level goals
- Are able to effectively coach and train peers and team members
- Exhibits discretion, good judgment and mature behavior when dealing with sensitive materials and situations
- Have strong personal accountability, persistence and resilience;
- Have a high level of business acumen and be able to lead process improvement and innovation while driving efficiencies and change.
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.