VP of Product
The VP of Product position reports to the Chief Product Officer. The VP will champion and run product management and will be the voice of the customer, ensuring we are delivering extraordinary, high-impact products. They will own the product strategy, roadmap, and execution for some of the products in our portfolio.
- Drive product vision, strategy, and execution across the product offerings.
- Grow revenue and market share.
- Amplify the voice of the customer to ensure our products stay ahead of their needs, anticipate their future needs, and deliver value.
- Build and cultivate close relationships with customers having a seat at their table for product discussions.
- Build, mentor, and lead a world-class team of Product Managers, while creating and evolving the ideal organizational design.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering and data science teams in the design and development of products.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and service teams to launch and evolve products focused on customer needs.
- Balance the needs of both external and internal customers, supporting internal delivery teams.
- Enhance the level of self-serve and automation in the products guaranteeing our products stay ahead of competitors.
- Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features based on business and customer impact. Establish metrics and goals to measure success/progress.
- At least 15 years of product management experience including 10 in a leadership role.
- The ideal candidate will have successfully designed and launched an AI/ML-based profitable product for the enterprise / B2B market that demonstrably grew revenue and market share.
- World-class product vision, strategy, planning, development, and execution
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions
- “Can do” attitude, strong bias and urgency of action with a strong “Say do” ratio
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and work closely with other stakeholders with solid influencing skills
- Able to demonstrate measurable impact on revenue growth and overall business success, expanding to new markets or verticals, and increasing user adoption.
- Expertise in building highly successful SaaS products.
- A disciplined ethic that holds teams accountable for targets and decisions.
- Compelling communication skills, able to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and with customers.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Decisive and willing to make hard decisions in the interest of business while investing in and growing the team.
- Analytically-minded and data-obsessed, using metrics and quantitative skills to measure outcomes and guide decision-making.
- A history of building trust and working closely with engineering, data science, and customer-facing teams.
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.