Associate Project Manager
Appen’ Associate Project Manager is responsible for monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a group of independent contractors (ICs) completing data structuring content annotation. The APM works collaboratively with an Appen project team to meet all project and client requirements.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery to project objectives within project scope, timeline and budget
- Execute day-to-day quality processes and drive quality improvements
- Deliver required performance metrics and KPI at or exceeding expectations
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve individual IC and team results to, in-turn, improve client satisfaction
- Become familiar with all aspects of managing client relationships
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Ensure ICs have access to required tools, guidelines and other project resources to meet project requirements
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Provide regular project status reporting and in-depth analysis when required
- Adapt to changing project needs and expectations
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 1-2 year of project and/or quality management experience in a metric-driven setting working in a production, operation, or call center environment is desired
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- Driven to focus on quality and service delivery
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce
- Innovative thinker who drives the development and implementation of new ideas
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Proficient in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.