Senior Product Documentation Manager
We are looking for a dynamic communicator to own, modernize, and oversee our entire software release communications process. Key objectives are:
· Deliver a friendly, engaging and informative stream of information about upcoming and recent changes
· Drive and facilitate a feedback mechanism to ensure Appen’s customers and partners are receiving the information they need, when and where they need it
· Oversee all processes related to externally facing product content production by product managers and designers
· Work closely with our Customer Success team to address their on-going informational needs for Appen’s Success Center website
· Work cross-functionally with SMEs in Product, Product Marketing, Sales, Delivery & Engineering (among others) to develop and deliver short and long-form documentation
· Manage our documentation request cadence and process end to end
· Maintain and socialize a company-wide glossary of terms we do (and don’t) use to describe our product and services offerings
· Create and publish “standards of style” document to allow documentation execution to scale and grow
· Work with the Learning Team on education opportunities that arise from time to time
Desired Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or accredited certification in instructional design, technical writing, or related topics.
· 4+ years of experience in a similar role working closely with product managers and engineers
· Demonstrated ability to communicate detailed information effectively in a friendly but professional voice that is tuned to different audiences.
· Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine Learning knowledge is a bonus
You will succeed in this role if you
· Have strong empathy for your readers and their goals
· Are organized and detail-oriented
· Are self-directed and can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver projects on time
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment that is subject to rapid change
· Are very comfortable with html, publishing & graphic design software.
· Have familiarity with ticketing systems like Jira and Zendesk
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.