Appen’s HR Administrator is responsible for assisting with onboarding and keeping track of onboarding documents for all new hires. The HR Administrator works collaboratively with the Senior Director, HR to assist in meeting all project deliverables and assisting internal clients.
- Assisting with answering Qs regarding incoming emails and tickets in AC while distributing others to appropriate teams
- Take initiative with VOEs, Income verifications and Unemployment data collection
- Manage and send termination notices
- Oversee processing and managing I9s through e-verify
- Continue assisting with HR tasks outside of the above – workday, SP filing/data collection, new hire HR paperwork distribution/collection, SOS
- Provide back up support for the Senior Director, HR
- Manage high-volume mail and email inboxes for onboarding support and processing tickets
- Answer emails from onboarding new hires and internal customers
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Where necessary, complete additional tasks as assigned
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details.
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resources department or equivalent setting working in an administrative role
- I-9 knowledge and processing following all USCIS compliance
- Excel skills required
- Experience managing and prioritizing large volumes of mail and email correspondence
- Experience with a Windows operating system and Office suite of products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to learn from changing standards and tasks.
- Detail-oriented and strives for continuous high performance and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and possess good time-management skills.
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.