The Team Manager is responsible for the oversight of people and processes in delivery and operations. A thought leader with keen sense on developing talents and scaling improvement by leading project and companywide initiatives. Advocates and exemplifies company core values and policies.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining quality and productivity targets set by the business
- Oversees the team’s performance, attendance, and work attitude
- Provides daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly and adhoc reports which may include:
- Task progress
- Ensures that deadlines are met on tasks that are time sensitive
- Creates training manuals with project managers
- Leads and facilitates project specific training initiatives as needed
- Leads a continuous improvement culture within the operations/project
- Provides overall leadership in employee morale and motivation on the Operations floor
- Acts as mentor to associates and specialists
- Creates scorecard with Operations manager, quality team to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are met
- Implements changes to process and measures as dictated by the project
- Adhoc tasks as assigned
- Performs a monthly review of supervisor performance
- Review of actual results vs client SLAs
- Review of project’s quality outputs (error trends, repeat offenders)
- Productivity and utilization of Annotators and Supervisors
- Provides daily attendance and headcount report
- Ensures accurate records of production hours worked on Appen Timesheets for purposes of payroll and client headcount report
- Provides leadership through decisions needed to ensure proper daily staffing
- Mitigation of Employee relations issues within the operations team
- Disciplinary actions
- Issues pertaining to morale and motivation
- Works with the Operations Manager and Project Managers on the creation of training requirements
- Conducts training and onboard new hires to the project
- Lead employee engagement initiatives and ensure proper return on investment through output
- Attend to corporate requirements for the project / operations
- Work with local support teams to ensure compliance to site or local requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Agile mindset and ability to adapt quickly to changing business requirements
- Have technical and reporting competency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Organizational skills, with strong sense of urgency and prioritization
- People management experience with a vertical of at least 100 and handled team leaders or supervisors as direct reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess at least an Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in any field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working as an Operations Manager, Team Manager, Senior Team Leader in a BPO or call center set up
Note: Candidates must be willing to work onsite. Office Address: BPO 1 Building, Suntech iPark, Advincula Avenue, Lancaster New City, Barangay Alapan II-B, Imus, 4103 Cavite, Philippines #LI-onsite
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle. With over 25 years of experience in data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation by humans, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our products and services give leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to launch world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we do not give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
High-quality training data necessarily includes human beings, to record and transcribe speech for example or recognize complex images. Appen uses a crowdsourced model to engage humans at scale, but this increases the cost, time, and complexity of providing data sets. The company relies on technology to accelerate and reduce the cost of training data. It has developed and acquired platform that manages and enables crowd workers.
Appen’s Growth Strategy is Built on Four Pillars
- Grow in New Markets: Drive growth in target customer segments China, Government, Enterprise, and Global Product
- Automate our annotation services: Leverage AI and ML in our labelling operations to improve the productivity and quality of our workforce
- Expand our product offering: Add new products and capabilities to expand into the broader data and AI market
- Evolve how we do business: Improve the scalability of our operations including sales, project delivery, and crowd management