ASSOCIATE DATA COLLECTION SPECIALIST
Associate Data Collection Specialist is responsible for executing data collection projects using Appen’s data collection systems, software and equipment. Associate Data Collection Specialist customizes participant instructions based on project-specific needs, assigns tasks to participants, communicates with participants, monitors throughput, performs and manages quality assurance and schedules payments. Associate Data Collection Specialist works collaboratively with Data Collection Specialists, Project Managers and other Specialists to meet project and client requirements.
- Project Management
- Use Appen’s crowd management and data collection tools to execute data collection projects of different types (collecting audio recordings, images, videos…)
- Deliver to project objectives within project scope, timeline and budget
- Communicate with all stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Adapt to changing project needs and expectations
- Be a proactive team member, contributing solutions and helping others as necessary
- Send emails to a large audience to encourage people to do our project (examples: record their voices, send videos,…)
- Create and continuously improve the projects’ guidelines of your projects to ensure participants do the task according to our client’s requirements
- Set up payments for data collection participants
- Respond to participant individual queries
- Create FAQ’s to reply to the most common questions asked by our projects’ participants
- Follow strict confidentiality protocol regulating the handling of project and participant details and other sensitive information
- Data analyses
- Maintain project trackers, monitor key project metrics and provide project reports as required
- Analyze project performance and take appropriate actions (with guidance from Data Collection Specialist or Project Manager)
- Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in creating and sending mass communication to an international audience/creating marketing content/newsletter
- 1-2 year of project management experience in a metric-driven setting working in a production, operation, or call center environment is desired
- Customer service experience would be ideal (help desk / call center)
- Experience with stakeholder management in a commercial project-based environment
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Commitment to quality (being able to follow processes and contribute to their improvements)
- Agility and a service orientated approach
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient and experienced in using Excel daily (create basic formulas and pivot tables)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools - Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to pick up new tools and systems quickly and with accuracy
- Proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to communicate in other languages is a bonus (especially written communication). We are looking for the following languages: Portuguese, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Hebrew, Korean, Vietnamese, Polish and Turkish
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.