Helpdesk Specialist - Onsite
Help Desk Specialist is responsible for replying to tickets in specific projects in English or any language listed at the bottom of this job description. Those data collection projects are projects in which we collect data (e.g., videos, audios, images, text…) from participants all around the world. Your task is to help the participants once they ask questions about the project per ticket (similar to an email). It requires to use several tools such as Excel, Zendesk and other internal tools, to find the right information for that specific participant and query. Help Desk Specialist works collaboratively with Associate Data Collection Specialists, Data Collection Specialists, Project Managers and other Specialists to meet project and client requirements.
- Tickets / Customer service
- Use Appen’s crowd management and data collection tools to work on data collection projects of different types (collecting audio recordings, images, videos…)
- Reply to tickets/emails from individual vendors, in which participants ask questions about the project. The main topics of those tickets are:
- clarification of the projects’ instructions
- confirmation that we received the data sent (audio, video, image…)
- payment information
- quality requirements
- Improve / create templates that you and the team can use to reply to tickets
- Assign tickets to other teams when needed
- Create FAQs to reply to the most common questions asked by our projects’ participants
- Check the data collected in the tool in case the user disagree our quality check, inform the team if a second check is needed
- Inform the users about the reason of the rejection of their recordings/videos/images
- Follow strict confidentiality protocol regulating the handling of project and participant details and other sensitive information
- Adapt to changing project needs and expectation
- Communicate efficiently with the other projects’ team members (email, meetings, Teams chat…) to ensure the project’s participants get accurate information
- Be able to assess what kind of tickets needs to be escalated to your project team
- Be a proactive team member, contributing solutions and helping others as necessary
- Provide the project team with suggestions to decrease the number of tickets received
- Inform the crowd specialist once there are no tickets about payment issue coming anymore, so that they can close the project
- Find the information you need in complex excel trackers to reply accurately to participants’ tickets
- Use multiple tools to cross check information and provide content that is as useful as possible to your participant (e.g., explain exactly why his/her audios were rejected not only the fact that it is rejected).
- Alert the project team if you notice issues in our tools since you are the first point of contact with project’s participants
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient and experienced in using Excel daily (create basic formulas and pivot tables)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools - Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Already worked on one or more help desk ticketing systems (Zendesk ideally)
- Ability to pick up new tools and systems quickly and with accuracy
- Proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience (help desk / call center / sales)
- Experience with stakeholder management in a commercial project-based environment
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to quality (being able to follow processes and contribute to their improvements)
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- Agility and a service orientated approach
- Able to communicate in other languages is a bonus (especially written communication). We are looking for the following languages: Portuguese, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Hebrew, Korean, Vietnamese, Polish and Turkish
Note: Candidates must be willing to work onsite. Office Address: BPO 1 Building, Suntech iPark, Advincula Avenue, Lancaster New City, Barangay Alapan II-B, Imus, 4103 Cavite, Philippines
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle. With over 25 years of experience in data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation by humans, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our products and services give leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to launch world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we do not give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.