Team Leader, Infrastructure Operations
Location: Imus, Cavite, Philippines
IT Infrastructure Operations Team Lead at Appen, is responsible for IT Infrastructure Team rostering and performance, ensuring the teamwork in alignment with the technical framework and Service Management processes. Also needs to ensure the team is fully equipped with the tools and knowledge to investigate, diagnose and resolve technical incidents for all systems. Help define and deliver strategic and architectural goals for and wider IT. Manages vendors and other third-party liaisons. Can be the technical lead on specific projects and escalation point for third-level support and infrastructure-related matters.
• Advise the Infrastructure Operations team of workload priorities
• Assist the team with the resolution and progressing of incidents, change requests, project-based tasks and any other business items.
• Contributor to process and documentation
• Ensure team individuals meet compliance and KPI objectives
• Implement and maintain repeatable standards of operation using scripting or business standards
• Managing the purchase and application of licenses for web domains, certificates, OS, software licensing and any other license-based purchase.
• Provide solutions in collaboration with other departments to resolve infrastructure (hardware & software) problems
• Responsible for system updates and security patches to workstations, servers and networking devices
• Ensure all Change Requests are compliant with Change Enablement practices and standards
• Responsible for backup and recovery and disaster recovery within the IT space for Server and networking infrastructure
• Responsible for corporate server infrastructure and other devices or hosts supporting the business needs outside of the scope of the service desk.
• Responsible for the networking (routing, speed, uptime and general performance) and all devices part of the networking ecosystem.
• Work with team members to grow and improve their knowledge and soft skills
• Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports about Infrastructure Operations KPIs and Metrics
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Technology Environmento Desktop / productivity services – Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac hardware and software, Antivirus,
o Directory services – Microsoft, AWS
o Hosting Services – AWS, Alibaba cloud, gSuite
o MDM/MAM – InTune, Jamf, Idaptive
o Networking services – Routing, Routers, Firewalls, Switching, Cabling, Wireless access points,
o Printer Services
o Server services – Linux (Debian), Windows Server and Hyper V
o Storage services – DAS SATA – Samba and NFS access, Dell SAN, Synology NAS, Windows File Services
• Able to establish productive, co-operative relationships and demonstrate effective use of conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by constant change, ambiguous data and a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture
• Demonstrated commitment to Appen core values and company vision
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with high level attention to details.
• Demonstrates strong IT skills combined with a good head for business.
• Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally to a wide audience including clients and managers; effectively uses active listening skills
• Independent, motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others while driving initiatives to completion
• Proven analytical skills including the ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action.
• Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning
Qualifications and Experience
•Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, ie: Computer Science (mandatory)
• Post-graduation degree (complete or on-going) in IT management or other relevant field (preferred)
• 5+ years of related Infrastructure or System Administration experience, preferably in a high-volume global corporate
• 3+ year experience in supervisory or people management role, focused on IT staff.
• Hands-on experience and supporting modern technology platforms for communication and collaboration.
• Official Microsoft Certification in Windows Server environment or similar (mandatory)
• Network CompTIA Certification (mandatory)
• ITIL Foundations V4 Certification (preferred) and ensure its practices are intrinsically guiding IT’s philosophy to run a flexible, iterative, continuously evolving IT Service Delivery
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.