IT Infrastructure Operations Analyst
Location: Imus, Cavite, Philippines
IT Infrastructure Operations Analyst at Appen partners with IT Infrastructure Operations Engineers and IT Technical Support Analysts to identify solutions to fix root cause and recurring issues. Ensures that the IT infrastructure is sufficiently robust, scalable, and efficient to deliver the integrated services underlying the physical, virtual and cloud environment that supports the processes, resources, and operators required for accessing, integrating, operating, and sustaining IT applications and support services. Understands and is proficient in MDM and Windows Server environment, as well as in Office 365, on a conceptual and hands-on aspect to be able to easily figure out architectural design and how technical components interact. Provides third-level support to augment IT Technical Support and tier 2 capacity to handle escalated tickets.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Technology Environment
o Desktop / productivity services – Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac hardware and software, Antivirus, MS Office365
o Directory services – Microsoft, AWS o Hosting Services – AWS, Azure, Alibaba cloud, GCP
o MDM/MAM – InTune, Jamf, Idaptive (Munki)
o Networking services – Routing, Routers, Firewalls, Switching, Cabling, Wireless access points, configuration
o Printer Services
o Server services – Linux (Debian), Windows Server and Hyper V
o Storage services – DAS SATA – Samba and NFS access, Dell SAN, Synology NAS, Windows File Services
• Able to establish productive, co-operative relationships and demonstrate effective use of conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by constant change, ambiguous dataand a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture
• Demonstrated commitment to Appen core values and company vision
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with high level attention to details.
• Demonstrates strong IT skills combined with a good head for business.
• Excellent communication skills including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally to a wide audience including clients and managers; effectively uses active listening skills
• Independent, motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others while drivinginitiatives to completion
• Proven analytical skills including the ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action.
• Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning
Qualifications and Experience
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human-annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. Appen brings over 20 years of experience capturing and enriching a wide variety of data types including speech, text, image and video. With deep expertise in more than 180 languages and access to a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, Appen partners with technology, automotive and eCommerce companies — as well as governments worldwide — to help them develop, enhance and use products that rely on natural languages and machine learning.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.