Appen’s Project Manager (PM) is responsible for monitoring and driving key performance metrics for a group of independent contractors (ICs) completing data structuring content annotation for client delivery. The PM works collaboratively with an Appen project team to meet all project and client requirements.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery to project objectives within project scope, timeline and budget
- Develop and execute delivery and quality management plans to support a project end-to-end
- Drive continuous project improvements and efficiencies
- Deliver required performance metrics and KPI at or exceeding expectations
- Analyze and evaluate statistical reports to proactively identify and improve individual IC and team results to, in-turn, improve client satisfaction
- Actively participate in WBR, MBR & some QBR meetings to establish and grow client relationships
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Ensure ICs have access to required tools, guidelines and other project resources to meet project requirements
- Solicit and use input and feedback from client, Appen managers and ICs to help drive efficiencies and improve quality plans
- Provide regular project status reporting and in-depth analysis when required
- Participate in the training and mentoring of new and existing Appen staff
- Adapt to changing project needs and expectations
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience managing and prioritizing large volumes of email correspondence
- Experience with a Windows operating system and Office suite of products
- Proficient in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally. Must also be an attentive and careful listener and respond appropriately to others.
- Bi-lingual in a second language is a bonus
- Motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Flexible, independent, self-motivated; able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and use sound judgment to reach decisions while exhibiting sensitivity for all parties and issues
- Able to establish productive, cooperative relationships and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills
- Driven to focus on quality and service delivery
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills with attention to details
- Passionate about learning new skills and technologies. Takes personal responsibility for continuous learning
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for a global marketplace and workforce.
- Innovative thinker who drives the development and implementation of new ideas
- PMP and Prince 2 certifications are desirable
- Open to work at Lancaster New City, Imus, Cavite
- Candidates must be amenable to work on a night shift scheduleOpen to work at Lancaster New City, Imus, Cavite
- Candidates must be amenable to work on a night shift schedule
Qualifications and Experience
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience preferred
- 2 to 5 years of project management experience in a metric-driven setting, working in a production, operation, or call center environment
- Minimum 2 years of quality management experience in a metric-driven setting working in a production, operation, or call center environment
- Project Management, Data Analytics/Management and/or Process Improvement is an advantage
Note: Candidates must be willing to work onsite. Office Address: BPO 1 Building, Suntech iPark, Advincula Avenue, Lancaster New City, Barangay Alapan II-B, Imus, 4103 Cavite, Philippines
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
Appen is the global leader in data for the AI Lifecycle. With over 25 years of experience in data sourcing, data annotation, and model evaluation by humans, we enable organizations to launch the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors who speak over 235 languages, in over 70,000 locations and 170 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our products and services give leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to launch world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we do not give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.