Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Manage and support the website operations, prioritizing initiatives to improve user experience/journeys and content personalization based on departmental OKRs.
- Execute all content updates for the website and train team members as needed on CMS platform
- Maintain expertise in SEO techniques and implement SEO best practices
- In collaboration with our Head of Content, implement the digital content calendar content and more complex content projects (demos, webinars, videos, etc…) on the website
- Help to establish a website governance policies, process and standards to ensure UI/UX consistency as well as to guide website updates and new content integrations.
- Recommend opportunities for site enhancement (content, customization/journeys, etc.) based on analytics, observed visitor behavior, and business or constituent objectives.
- Collaborate with external managed services agency to develop, build, and launch more complex website initiatives
- Ensure implementation of best practices in website tracking including relevant plug-ins with other systems, 3rd party tracking pixels, building cookie pools for remarketing, etc.
- Bachelor’s’ degree or higher
- A passion for digital media and customer experience
- 4-5+ years' experience initiating and optimizing SEO, SEM and PPC campaigns (Google Ads) a plus
- Expert in building and managing Wordpress CMS
- Ability to plan, and forecast optimal website content updates, preferably with work experience at a media or interactive/digital/UX agency
- HTML/CSS and SEO experience for optimization of web pages and user funnel / flow
- Self-directed, detail and solutions oriented, with formidable project management skills and the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to pull analytics, create dashboards, and distill the performance data into clear and concise presentations
- Solid knowledge of marketing automation and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Hubspot, etc.)
- A keen editor’s eye for consistency with copy and creative a plus
- Salesforce CRM/database expertise and Marketo expertise a plus
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Our expertise includes having a global crowd of over one million skilled contractors who speak over 180 languages and dialects, in over 70,000 locations and 130 countries, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform. Our reliable training data gives leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, healthcare, and governments the confidence to deploy world-class AI products. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices globally.
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we do not give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.